ADias:

The MSS are available for my rim size ( 295 ) but I would prefer then to be N ...

I would not be surprised if PAG does not  N-rate the PSS for the 997 series... That is a way of 'obsoleting' the previous model. Unfortunately, no newer tires were N-rated in 18s for the 996 series either.

You may be correct re. the 'obsoleting', but its also possible that Porsche just does not have enough influence on tire makers to insist that they make special N rated tires in perpetuity (= how long the 911 has been around... Smiley ).   We know that collectors of quite old cars always struggle with finding tires, even getting something in the correct size is difficult let alone worrying about small performance variations.  Or needing to trust tires that are correct but were made many years ago (eg. Mike and his CGT example).  So somewhere along the iine when a car like the 911 is replaced with a new model, Porsche must start the process of softening the insistence on N spec tires for older models, since they know that they cannot force Michelin etc. to make them in backwards compatible sizes for every 911 variant going back forever.  If in fact they don't issue N spec for 997 size PSS tires, then it suggests that now they start this softening process quickly.

Nevertheless, I am also ordering a set of PSS to replace my RE050 tires, which are close to worn out after this summer.   PS2 is being phased out so there will essentially be no choice for Michelins, and like Cannga and Futch, I am satisfied with Michelin's testing so far.  My dealer has stock now, I know they must be new production tires, so no point in procrastinating.  Smiley

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S