Carrara:

ADias, what do you mean my spec is GT? I tried to keep it simple and sporty, and FYI, you can option ANY 997 to be just as luxurious as the 991.

And in my general opinion, screw PDCC. You don't need it on the 997, why would you need it on the lighter 991? Really all I think you need is the -20mm sport suspension, sport exhaust, and sport chrono. Those three options are the most important I think.

I am the last to tell what you should order. You order what you like and that is your right, of course. Your order is not more GT based on your picks. There is no way you can nix the interior, or the 20" rims, or the longer wheelbase. But if what you are after is a 991, you have no choice.

I agree with you that PDCC does not fit a 911. Sure it will make the car corner flat, but does so artificially, with hydraulics and an electric motor. Will it perform better? Sure, it will, but wil it feel right to an experienced driver? I think not. Most people these days are after an 'on-rails' XBox experience and lack the seat of the pants experience older drivers have.

If I was after a new car today... I would buy the last 997.2 batch.

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.