Have you ever noticed that you almost NEVER see pictures of Carreras with "wing-extended"..?

Don't get me wrong: I love the fact that in such an elegant and understated way, it gracefully extends only "when required"... No GT3 posing for us Carrera drivers.  You will never find us pushing that little button to extend it when parked at the supermarket.  (Although we all sit for hours in our garages doing it no doubt.  Or at least I will when my very first Porsche, the GTS, arrives in December.)

But surely those uber-dynamic publicity shots (whilst probably taken at slower-than-you-think speeds at the request of the photographer hanging out the side of the following car)  should be taken showing the wing extended..?

I mean it's certainly not ugly - far from it - from every angle it's fantastic - and it's a sports car.  It's a 911.

It's no big deal of course, and it's got nothing to do with real life, but I just kinda wondered..?

(2) On a related topic, and I KNOW I am the last person on this forum - if not on the PLANET - to notice this, but that Panamera wing.  Wow.  It's like something from the film Transformers.  I saw it extend yesterday for the first time (OK, I live in Africa...) and it was pretty amazing.  Or was it TOO amazing..?  A little too "bling" perhaps, even if it is just doing something totally functional..?  It's almost as if it should cover itself in a towel whilst it's all extending and unfolding and happening.  Not our subtle little Carrera moves here.  No sir.  This is origami for cars.  (This is probably the way the 991 will go too.  Just because it can....)

I sped up to overtake and check out the lady driver.  Sadly it wasn't Megan Fox.