MKSGR:
Procup:
MKSGR:
Procup:

Has anybody put his GT2 RS on the bench?

I heard rumors saying that the output is not as high as announced... by far!

I consider this extremely unlikely - based on my experience Smiley

I thought the same until I saw some surprising things on racetrack during club events and get some owners comments with lap times to confirm what they said.

The info came to me from french and swiss GT2 RS owners used to run big toys as Carrera GT or GT3 Cup and compared the GT2 RS to their previous 997 GT2...

I would rather assume that the guys who reported the stuff are trying to find an excuse for there (moderate) driver skills Smiley I can tell you that the RS is way faster (lap times) than the 997 GT2 in the hands of the same driver. And I can also report that the Carrera GT does not accelerate faster or has faster lap times than the RS. Compared to a 458, for example, the RS has so much power that you don't lose any ground when the 458 accelerates very hard (200kph>300kph) and the GT2RS stays in 6th gear (!).

The GT2RS is the fastest car available on the market today - it can kill everything. I am 100% satisfied Smiley

I test drive the GT2 RS around Stuttgart myself and had no doubts about its power, but it was a press-pre-serie car with the number 000 on the glove box... Smiley

I have no doubts either about the drivers skills I'm talking about otherwise I would not have considered their talks.

I know that when a driver is not fast on the track, he always says the car that has a trouble. He is always right. But the problem mainly comes form the PSS triangle (Pedal box-Seat-Steering wheel)... SmileySmiley

--
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen