Atzporsche:

Since moving to Germany a couple of weeks ago, i've noticed this BIG TIME here in the Ruhrpot.. with most BMWs, Mercedes, most Porsches and even VWs, badges are removed. I can tell only by the options and exhaust pipes 

This is really something very typical here. It goes both ways however: Some remove the badge from an expensive model, so people wouldn't know how much he paid for that car and others put the badge from a more expensive model on the cheaper model. Smiley

You can't even imagine how many Cayenne (mostly "old" model) I saw with the "S" or "Turbo" badge but the brake calipers were black (V6) or silver (S). 

I also love those BMW drivers who have to put M3 or M5 on their BMW.

Latest funny encounter I remember...yesterday. I saw a BMW 5 series (previous model) with a M5 badge on the left (!) and a "turbo" badge (it looked like those cheap turbo badges you can buy at local car parts stores) on the right. After I passed him, I looked in the mirror and I saw a V12 (!) badge in this front grille. Smiley

I mean...c'mon... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW