MKSGR:
Futch:

I'm loooking forward to the development of this car, I am sure Porsche will achieve something amazing.

I am a bit skeptical as far as the outcome of the 918 development process is concerned...

Somehow this hybrid concept has its roots in marketing/political ideas. The basic idea is to present a "highly fuel-efficient" sports car to the public. We all know that this marketing story is pure BS - the 918 will be far from being a fuel-efficient car (compared to how Green activists would define that).

Consequently, I am under the impression that the 918 will neither be ecologically correct nor will it meet the highest performance expectations - it might just be a compromise Smiley

Couldn't have said it better. Smiley

IMO the more interesting car will be the rumoured midengined supercar. In the new ams there's a short article about this car, which should be ready around 2015 and is said to have something like 600 hp. They also say Porsche dismissed their plans for a V8 Turbo and are now planning with a six cylinder boxer engine with turbos. Though I like V8s, the flat-six is THE Porsche engine par excellence. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.