reginos:
Spyderidol:
Ferdie:
a928:

2) If the 9A1 engine is really intended for GT3 and racing - why the hell does Porsche then clearly mention in ervery 9A1 manual that the use of race tires is strictly forbidden and may cause severe engine damage,Smiley from a source I know that in the current configuration the 9a1 would not last 24 hours on the Nürburgring, Le Mans or any other place..no way..

3) DFI: not all motorsport classes allow this..I know there have been some posts here that this will be changed..but dont you think that Porsche AG would run into high political risk? what if this anticipated change would be delayed by 2 years?

First of all, welcome to the forum! The 9A1 engine does not feature a true dry-sump lubrification, only a wet-sump layout that is suitable for the g-forces generated by regular street tires. As this was also a subject on the M96/97 engines, this should be the foremost reason.

I assume, and Spyderidol certainly knows the answer, that most competitors in GT racing will use DFI technology in their upcoming models, as is the case with Ferrari´s 458, so the rules will most certainly be adapted in the long run. One should note that the 9A1 has a lower weight than the Mezger engine which, positioned at the back end of the car, is certainly an advantage.

According to the current ACO rules, DFI is still not allowed

I remember that the last version of the RS Spyder with DFI needed special fuel to run properly.

There was a controversy and a special dispensation by the governing body.

Sorry - I should have been more clear. There is still no DFI for GTE class cars.

Yes, - the controversy was to do with the quantity of additive that Porsche needed to add to their fuel to avoid blockages in their fuel jets (I believe),