nberry:

If there is one thing I have come to accept is Porsche will not make radical styling changes. They place a great deal of emphasis on branding. The new 911 will look very much like previous 911's. 

Think of it this way. When you see a Porsche on the road there is no mistaking it for anything else but a 911.

BTW, if the rumors are correct regarding making the 911 sound more sporty and aggressive, I salute the new management.

--

Hey Nick - I'm not sure that limiting ones design changes to headlights, rear lights and a slightly different spoiler as "placing a great deal of emphasis on branding". I could be wrong,  but I would rather refer to it as "placing a great deal of emphasis on not doing a lot of work/thinking in the design department". However, I think that the real reason is that Porsche is petrified that they will screw up their sacred cash-cow (at least it used to be) and that 911 aficionados would desert the brand in droves. I personally think that they have painted themselves into a corner (with regards to the 911 and have great difficulty straying very far  (or not far at all) from the current design (not necessarily a bad thing, but rather limiting). It amazes me however, that a company that is doing everything to portray itself as very "avant garde" and very PC (the whole "look at how green we are") is simultaneously so conservative in its design. In my opinion, they really need to be very careful not to allow the 911 to become "old hat:". They need to keep it fresh and I'm still not convinced that the 991 will do just that.avatar1295_9.gif.jpg