Rossi:
9Eleven:

Capacity at the factory is such that I cannot see a line for a less expensive volume car (which  such a V6 turbo would be).

Not true. Ferrari has a capacity of 10.000 cars and is building about 7.000 at the moment.

I should have said "current" capacity was around 7000. Having the ability to make 10,000 units a year does not mean management wish to do so. Non Ferrari dealers world wide are flooded with dealer stock from Bentley, AM,MB etc .

I can get $100K off a new Supersport, $50K off a DBS what kind of marketing strategy is that  Even F dealers have new Cal/599 luking as barely used examples in the USA

This market is extemely fragile. Sales of Bentley and AM fell 50% year over year  2 years ago. Ferrari sales decrease was less than 15%. Ferrari are the best at supply/ demand management.

The V8 line is single shift 24 units a day, the V12 line 6 to 10 a day. The casting foundry for engines is 2 shifts and also makes all the Maserati engines.

Little room for the current building to accomadate another production line on a lower margin car which would compete directly with  top end Porsche's, AM etc. Tons of c--p in this $150K segment.

What possibly may drive for a V6 turbo is emission standards demand but that is possibly for the next gen Cali.  Fiat/Ferrari product plans through 2015 are well known 458 spider fall 2011  599 successor 2012, enzo special 2013, Cali refresh 2014