JimFlat6:
nberry:
JimFlat6:

We have seen all of the spy pics, heard tanatalizing predictions of less weight, better handling so forth and so on, but at the end of the day the 991 GT3 will look the same as a 997 GT3 to the average person. 

Porsche really needs a new mid engine sports car for that price range and market segment and not just a reskinned R8 either.

JIm, I could not agree more. I love the Turbo but it suffers from commonality especially in Southern California. 

I have long maintained ( Carlos, I am sure you will check this outSmiley) that should Porsche introduce a mid-engine model with performance near the top of the model range, I would be first in line to buy it.

They really do need a new model but I am not saying to kill the 997. It is a evergreen car and unkillable.

Just build something entirely new with no ties to the past. A breakthrough gamechanger that advances the state of the art dynamically and visually. Something fresh, fast, bold that will inspire the next gemeration of sports car fans.

I know Porsche loves to keep reselling elements of their past but its time to sell the future.

SmileySmiley

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro/ RR 4.4i