Joost:

The difficulty with CFRP though is that damages are often hard to detect, and even harder to repair. The aerospace world solves this by using very strick inspection intervals and exchange of parts after x-amount of flight hours (something which was already common sense with metal parts as well, ever since the renowned crashes of the De-Havilland Comet).

The main question is: how is the automotive world going to deal with these kind of issues?
I wouldn't want to buy a 918 spyder, if I knew that every 20000 kilometers, I had to have the chassis exchanged...

Parts for planes will have to be replaced if even there is only very little damage, but not so with cars, isn't it ? 

Truth is, we will cross that bridge when we get there. Not too long ago people thought it's crazy to sit on top of a storage tank filled with easily flammable fuel connected to a combustion engine. Ten years ago people are still afraid to be electrocuted in a hybrid or an electric car. All these are as commonplace as sliced bread now.