easy_rider911:
ISUK:

As to the negative views on the 458 I simply can't understand this. It's an outstanding car IMHO.

Iain, I don't doubt this - the reviews of the 458 have been very good indeed Smiley

BTW where do you typically drive it? Country roads, in town, motorways, on track circuits? I'm curious what the percentages of your usage are Smiley

I've never experienced a Ferrari or a Lamborghini on the Nordschleife - that would be a really interesting comparison - but, Nordschleife times notwithstanding, somehow I just find it hard to believe that anything could 'feel better' around the Nordschleife than a 997.2 GT3/GT3 RS ... 

I've driven on other tracks (PDE Silverstone, Magny-Cours club circuit, Hockenheim GP circuit) but the real test of any performance car IMvHO is the Nordschleife. Nothing compares to it ... it really does separate out the best handling/performing cars from the rest Smiley

Don't get me wrong, the Ferrari is a great car, but in HK we paid about 400,000 EURO for a 458 with basic options. For that price it is too much IMO.