I think I mentioned this again and again and I do it again:

The 991 will not be a revolution, design-wise, compared to the 997 but a very nice evolution. Yes, the headlights will be typical 911 (no 918 design, sorry guys) and the tail lights are already pretty well visible in the spy shots posted.

What is really new about the 991 is the interior, the slightly bigger rear room and the completely new chassis which, according to test drivers, improves handling substantially and lifts the 991 to an incredible performance level (surprise, surprise I guess...until we know more details). Only one hint: According to a source, the 991 Carrera S achieves a similar track time on the Nordschleife like the 997 GT3. If this doesn't sound impressive, I don't know what else to think.

The engine position has been slightly changed but the 991 isn't even close to a mid-engined car. To make it short: No, the 991 is not mid-engined, sorry.

No Diesel for the 991 and no V8 engine either. No 4-cyl. either, so relax boys.

There will be a new PDK generation which will push 0-100 kph performance of the Carrera S below 4 seconds (Sport Chrono). PTM, PASM, etc. have been improved too substantially, torque vectoring should be standard on all AWD models.

Engine power should start at 360-380 HP, with the Carrera S at 400-420 HP. Can't go into details because the precise figures could put our source at risk.

The reason why I waited for the 991 is simple: According to our sources and various rumors, the 991 is going to be one of, if not the best and fastest 911 (for each model type) ever.

It is worth waiting for it and while many people will not like the classic 911 design, the modern interpretation on the 991 is a real treat in my opinion.

While the new 991 may be slightly bigger than the 997, you won't really notice it. Weight will also not be higher than on the 997, it may even be a couple of kg lighter, depending on the model and equipped options.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW