Personally, I don't get the hybrid concept at all. A high power Diesel engine could easily save more fuel and at the same time offer better performance. Can't hide the feeling that Porsche actually just wants to ride on the green wave for various marketing purposes and surprisingly, people are falling for it (no offense meant). Best example is the BMW X6 ActiveHybrid. For 30000 EUR less, people can get the X6 40d over here, a car with practically the same performance and car which eats up around 10-12 l Diesel / 100 km...at max. One can be happy to drive the ActiveHybrid with 13-14 l / 100 km. Also the ActiveHybrid is so much heavier than the 40d.

Driving a Carrera GT and a Cayenne...Hybrid...with PCCB ? Exotic combo...to say at least.

The best match to a Carrera GT would have been the Cayenne Turbo but I guess to each his own.     

Fact is, no matter if Hybrid or Turbo: The new Cayenne grows on me. I might take a swing at the Turbo S.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW