95jersey:

1. Also, I DO judge a Turbo S by it's track prowess.   For YEARS, the 911 Turbo was/is was know as the "bar" for track prowess and now all of a sudden because it gets beat by a Z06, that label is taken off?? 

2. ....I instruct at NJMP in New Jersey...any are welcome to come down and go for a ride on the track or receive instruction (Porsche or vette). 

1. I thought we were having a fun conversation? SmileyPlease don't be upset (if you are). I acknowledge what a great track number the Corvette has, and I acknowledge how inexpensive it is!
I highlighted the above because it pinpoints many people's un-familiarity, hence misunderstanding, of Porsche cars. Since the 996 generation, the Turbo has NOT been the bar for track prowess.
1. Turbo: daily driver, good power with soft suspension.
2. GT3: track oriented suspension but weak power/torque (half displacement of  the Corvette). This is a fundamental principle - I hope we agree?
3. GT2: track oriented, power and suspension.
So once again, quoting a single number at the track of a Turbo is a mistake. This is a car designed to be driven by dentists in main street USA. (Kidding no flame please.) Do you honestly believe Porsche engineers don't know how to make the Turbo faster at the track if they want to?

2. You could be Walter Rohrl and that still wouldn't stop me from having a good car debate, especially if I see error/misunderstanding (see 1 above).  :-)  Especially because of your expertise, I hope you are not still trying to argue this most fundamental principle of this hobby: A single track number doesn't tell the whole story? One must understand the purpose of the car -- don't judge a Landcruiser by its Nurburgring time, as an exaggeration.
The shift/steering control vagueness of the Corvette is "legendary" and has been mentioned in numerous US mag reviews for many years now. If I am guilty, it's only for pointing out that a singular track number doesn't reflect this.

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Custom Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )