^^^^Just my observation of other people's experience, not official statistics: From my reading of previous postings, the life span of a 997 battery is about 3 years, 4 years max. As a matter of fact mine dies at exactly 3 years. If this is the first battery replacement in your 2005 997, consider yourself lucky.

BTW, when my battery died, the dealer did multiple checks and did NOT just replace the battery. I recall they checked the alternator's charging voltage as well, etc.. I don't know whether this has ever been the case, but I would question the motive of any dealer who repeatedly change batteries without finding a possible problem with electrical "leak" in the car.  The motive as always is $$$; warranty is obviously refunded by the parent Porsche company. 

In fact, they found something that I forgot to take off  before bringing my car in  , and gave me a little ribbing about it. Duh!! But... I have a good excuse for not thinking clearly: Dead batteries and car that doesn't start is a very stressful experience. Smiley

08AE3976.jpg

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Custom Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )