Enmanuel:
Boyko23:

What's the fuss all about? All of us were speechless, when 918 Spyder was released and almost 99% were "Please Porsche bring it to live!!!".

Now it's going to be reality and you are negative - why? 10.01.2011 will be a remarkable day for automotive history as a whole, so I'm really happy, that Porsche was brave enough to produce this model!

We will have enough time for Panamera Coupe, 458 rival, etc... Give the 918 all the glory and time, which it really deserves.

We were speechless because it was unexpected, it pleasantly surprised everyone. but making a huge deal out of a future release by throwing around words like spectacular and then just releasing the same car with a roof is where porsche fails. they tend to build up so much anticipation that the final product falls short. 

The 918 Spyder was just a concept car. Now if the Detroit car is production ready with the right styling (that deviates from the concept as it usually happens) and super performance this will be even more exciting for Porsche fans.

However, such a car is addressed to a small minority and besides its halo effect it's irrelevant for me.

Myself and others as Porsche fans and owners  would be more elated if they presented a V8 front engined coupe to go into production asap. Many people want to drive a sports Porsche but they also want to get out of the 911.

--

"Form follows function"