easy_rider911:
racerx:

.... Yesterdays reality was if you could afford it you bought the 928 over the 911, it was the superior car in every respect. The Porsche engineers planned it that way and made it that way. It was the reality of the time. No amount of Rose in your glasses will change those facts.

Your passion and devotion for the 928 is admirable Smiley

I don't mean to get into a debate about which model is better - personally, I think they are just different i.e. my perception (which may be right or wrong) is that the 928 was a great GT car whereas the 911 is a great sports car.

You know I love the 928 - I even had a poster of it on my bedroom wall Smiley

I don't want to send this thread off course, we have been down that road more than once and I am tired of those discussions.

I will say though that to make your above statement  more precise you would have to have used "was" in place of "is". Todays 911 is the same weight as my 928 and appears physically bigger. It has grown quite a bit to become todays luxury GT at Porsche especially with the 991 interior.

(and anyone who thinks that the 928 was some luxo barge that had any weakness for its day needs to be a passenger in mine)