First Impressions:

So, this is my first Boxster, but over the past 4 yrs I have driven my fathers 996 C-2 and his current 997S quite a bit so i feel I have a good basis to judge the boxster. To put it simply, I LOVE IT. Now, lets back up and go to Friday night at the dealership, as we are going over the car and we find out that the CD Player within the PCM, IS NOT WORKING!!! Ya, that's right the cd player is totally screwed and takes my cd and won't spit it back out OR play it - ok despite this, Ray Catena Porsche's people are amazing and sent a flatbead today to pickup the car and they are putting a brand new PCM system in in addition to potentially putting a new front bumper on the car considering that they put 2 holes in the current one (NJ license requires a front license plate even though most porsche owners don't put it on) and they put 2 more holes in it by accident screwing the plate over that - so basically they are going to try to fix that today as well) - Sound system is ok (wish i had the bose) but i didn't order the car - the lights they put on (i had them add after market xenons which look exactly like my fathers - cost me $700 and was well well worth the money - ok now to the car (i already put 300 miles on it this weekend with the top down in 45 degree weather) - I love the damn thing - granted its not as fast as the 911s (not nearly) but my dad and i both agreed that it is as fun if not more fun than his 911S - with the top down it looks great and i love havign the mid-engine right behind your head - the car drives fantastic, very smooth (first gear engaging is still very sticky) - and to be honest, when driving with the top up at night, i have a tough time when i am just cruising distinguishing it from my dads car (he has almost the same color combo - slate/terracotta) - the black dials and black sport chrono dial look great (i was originally thining doing white, but i am very happy with the way they look) - the driving up to 30mph and beign able to put the top up and down is awesome - i love that feature - all in all, the car is really beautiful and i def got a lot of looks this weekend (either because im young driving the car, because the car is beautiful - but most likely because i had teh top down when everyone else was bundled up - i just couldnt help it (top down, windows up, heated seats and im good to go) - The car color combo very much reminds me of James Deans 550 spyder - all in all, although a few missteps with the cdplayer etc. the car looks like its going to be a winner - i am going to switch back and forth a few times this week between mine and the 997S to really compare the 2 more - i am very happy to be part of the porsche owners club and look forward to posting more updates and pics -