OK, here is a little UPDATE with my M3. The Car has almost 6000 km, now:

M-DKG: I'm very satisfied with the tranny; better than SMGII. No question there. Yesterday, I had several rolls with my friends and M-DKG is a big advantage. It has shorter gear ratios in 2nd - 3rd - 4th and 5th gear. Upshifting to next gear at the redline gives the car small push. It is like "as you shifting, you jump a little ahead." This is very noticeable especially from 2nd to 3rd gear and 3rd to 4th gear. Shifting up pushes the car forward. It is different than SMGII brutal upshifts at the redline. This is different and I'm curious about PDK shifting especially w/SC set "sport+". You don't feel that forward thrust shifting to 5th - 6th and 7th, but very noteciable to 3rd and 4th gear.

About downsides of the Tranny? If you drive and accept it as a manual there is none. BUT if you start using it like video game, it has lag:

when you shift down multiple gears at once or

if you are low in rpm range and briefly applying throttle and upshift 3rd from 2nd gear.

How do you cure this? Well, about downshifting; if you are cruising @150 km/h in 7th gear and want to get on back to power band, you should be in 4th gear. If you are in D mode, when you kick down, you immidiately shift to 4th from 7th. BUT in manual mode either you downshift 2 gear at once so tranny holds 5th gear from 7th with a nice throttle blip. Once you engage the 5th gear, you just downshift another gear and slam the throttle; Off you go, with very satisfied gear changes you take off. Or you put your foot on the gas, and you downshift 1 gear at a time; 1 by 1 but waiting for the gear to engage. OTHERWİSE, if you put your foot on the gas and start downshifting, there you have the LAG.

OK, enough talk about gearbox. How does it ride?

EDC has big impact on the Car. In "comfort" setting, the car is very comfortable as the setting suggest but you feel unconnected from the road. The car feels like a comfy sedan. You still have a direct steering BUT car follows your action, it IS behind you.

However, once in the "normal" setting, you feel the stiffness of the chassie. Now, you are more connected with the car and the road. It doesn't jump on the road or feel nervous as it is in "sport" setting. You just have a firm ride and you move WITH the Car; NOT AHEAD. In "normal" setting you feel like you drive a sports GT.

About the speed limiter:

I have hit the limiter @ indicated 270 km/h so many times that I don't remember how many. This car is fast (of course for its class, not GT3 fast) in highway speeds above 200 km/h. When I hit the limiter, I feel like bumping on a wall, the nose of the car drops a little so that I have to look at the speedo if something is wrong. Then I see that I'm at the limiter. It must be removed.

Consumption? I averaged 14,5-15 liters/100 km. Not bad considering the 4.0L V8 and weight of the car. BTW, I'm guessing the weight of MY M3 to be around 1600-1610 kg with %90 fuel in the tank without me. I'll put my car on a scale, soon.

Any MOD coming? Yes, I have ordered Akrapovic EVO exhaust. At the same time, I'll upload EVOTECH software on the car which will be specificly tuned for Akra. Therefore I would like to ask if anyone here experienced EVOTECH software before? (maybe I shall ask this in a new thread) Any review will be appreciated.

More to follow, soon :)

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)