I don't know hwat Brundle is smoking but there was no way Hamilton could have won, his tires were completely gone by the last quarter of the race (he was already reporting problems mid race already) and he deserves plenty of merit for keeping the car on the track till the checkered flag and bringing it in second. Alonso was able to conserve tires well during the race and once that became a factor, he was able to open up a huge gap being able to maintain his race pace till the end, there were laps towards the end were Alonso was several seconds faster than Hamilton. Should Hamilton been in front of Alonso after the last pace car, Alonso would of had no trouble overtaking him and leaving him behind, fortunately for Hamilton, Massa was too far behind to catch up before the flag. I think Hamilton made a great drive, he went wide several times, but never lost it and managed second, you could not ask any more from him IMO as Brundle suggests.

I think Hamilton is a better overall driver than Vettel or Webber, and of course Button, its just that he doens't allways think smart and makes mistakes he could have avoided if he though of the big picture instead of the moment. He had a very very fast car right up to the last third of thre championship, and capitalised on it (as well as with the help of some questionable FIA desitions all in his favor too), but then threw it all away in three races with mistakes he could of have avoided. Once he manages that aspect of driving he will be a greater force to reckon with. Maybe he leart his lesson, because in Korea he seemed very focused and collected on the track. For next year's championship he, along with Alonso, would be my picks for the two driver's with most posibilities. Webber is on his way out and he is only getting older and may not have the opportunity of the fastest car on the grid as this year. Button is a smart driver but has never shown the same level as Hamilton or Alonso, and Vettel seems like he will never learn, he is not a newbie anymore, he breaks under pressure, has the wrong attitude about it, has given an image of a prick in some maneuvers on the track, and the RedBull may not have the advantage in speed that they had this year to be able to start every race in P1. If it were Hamilton or Alonso in the Redbull this year with Webber, they would be champion already and Webber would have been overshadowed.

--