Can, very intertesting questions.....

At these levels it is quite hard to spot if one "drops" 50hp, my own car took 3-4s longer in a 0-300kph at a different venue and to this day I don't know whether it was down on power or not (unfortunately it is not so simple to go retest at original venue) - I had it on a chassis dyno which did suggest it was down 40hp but you probably know what I think of those.... (it is moot for my car now as it is under the knife for major surgery so hopefully will come out 100%)

I am told that the latest VTG engines have a lot more little bits and pieces which can go wrong and cause these annoying losses in performance and they are obviously hard to spot in the first place since eg in a 60-130mph the difference of 50hp at the 600hp level is probably less than 0.5s which can easily be accounted for by temperatures/surface/gradient/fuel/shifting etc etc....

despite being called a "f**ing liar" by someone who I really do not wish to interact with, what I said about the GT2 in the video is the truth but if it was or was not running its full hp/torque I have no idea and to this day neither does the owner I would wager ?

The optimisation is as you envisage it, on the car, laptop plugged in and they check the numbers and I guess they can do some subtle timing and boost tweaks if there appears to be room on the table in terms of temperatures to give it higher load (torque) targets.

Why this owner did not go direct I am not sure, he emailed me many times and I sort of "lubricated" the deal. He was going to ship his GT2 from Monaco to RS then have it shipped back (quite why he couldn't/wouldn't drive it there was a bit of a mystery to me since it is only 5 or so hours away and a great drive up that A26/A7 Autostrada) so he ended up with the car in his native Sweden having the kit fitted by his local (reputable apparently) race shop - I enquired to RS how it went on and was told "there were some installation problems" - that is the extent of my "f**king lying"

I will fire this guy an email and see if we can throw any light on the subject.

--

2009 997 GT2 659PS/827NM DIN