For my part I've never been unduly concerned about this issue. It's affected a tiny number of cars (0.4% of production thus far) and none of us knows what the exact circumstances were leading up to each of those incidents. There is a pretty good view of the engine from the cabin so if the worst did happen you'd soon spot it and vacate the car leaving insurance to do it's job.

The fix is very straightforward and has a workshop time of only 1 hour so it's no real inconvenience.

Reginos,

Ferrari do indeed do both hot and cold weather testing using South America and and Finland I believe.

No company would knowingly design a component expecting it to fail in some way. Bonding components is not excatly uncommon in either the automotive or aerospace industries so it's not unusal to see it being used in this way. There is speculation that a batch of resin was incorrectly mixed causing the potential for failure and deformation of the wheel arch due to a different melting point of the adhesive involved. This makes sense due to the very low number of cars that have been affected. In order to allay fears Ferrari have taken the prudent step IMHO of changing the design of this fixing and replaced the adhesive with rivets.