Many thanks guys for your inputs - your opinions and advice are much appreciated...

@ Easy - I was offered a 24 hour test-drive in a C2S PDK and was blown away with the improvements over my 997.1, particularly PDK and the new PCM.  But it wasn't just that...the car felt so much more planted with genuinely much faster acceleration.  I had no interest in buying the 'demo' as it had over 13K miles on it and lacked some of my 'must have' options.  When I returned the car to the OPC I noticed the red and the white cars in the showroom.  I test drove the red one then and will be test driving the white one tomorrow.

@ Joe - the white one is the one that is now featured on the same site.

@ Gnil - I  intend to make retro-fitting of paddles a condition of the sale...if the deal goes through.

@ Ferdie - that's how I saw it... an interim step to a 991.  It looks as though the UK won't be getting it until late next year at the earliest.

@ Reginos - thanks for the observation, but what makes you think that the wheels on the white car are not factory painted?  Would definitely be a negotiating factor if true.

@ cdixon - a turbo or GT3, as a daily driver, would almost certainly cost me my licence.  I've had three narrow escapes already which required the assistance of Nick Freeman to overcome.  On the price issue - I managed to get an offer of £8K off the asking price for the red one plus an increased trade-in price for mine....still negotiating on the white one.

@ Carlos - I have also been a manual lover so far, but have sustained a left knee injury which makes PDK a very viable alternative.

Once again... I'm very grateful to you all for taking the time to give me so much help and food for thought...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."