reginos:

I believe only a very small minority of potential buyers would compare the 3 cars (SLS, Turbo S, 458 Italia) on the basis of a second here or there on the NBR or the fine nuances in handling.

The decision will be based on name, styling, brand loyalty, affordability, number of cars owned even comfort and space.

The magazine times and other objective criteria are for a small number of very hard core enthusiasts like yourself and a few others.

--

"Form follows function"

I guess we can agree on this one. Smiley  Smiley

Oh, btw: did somebody already mention that the 997 GT2 RS did the Nordschleife in 7:18 min ? Smiley

Of course this is the manufacturer claim and Sport Auto would probably squeeze a 7:22 time out of it but still...impressive.

A last word regarding the F430 Scuderia: if I would own one, I would keep it and not exchange it with the 458. The Scuderia seems to be a fantastic product. Don't get me wrong, the 458 is a fantastic Ferrari too but if I would have to pay a lot of money just to get a new look, I would stick with the Scuderia.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW