zaf52:
Ferdie:
arakis:

so would someone explain to me how gt3rs found 1.2s on hokenhaim, and 13s on NBR. these are just exaples off the top of my head,

So... how long do we want to hold that debate? There is no other magazine or individual that performs the same cohesive test. Both tracks are open to the public and for trackdays so go ahead and provide us with the correct numbers.

I guess I can find you as many other odd laptime figures that show the exact opposite. As a matter of fact, just compare 997 GT2 / 430 Scuderia and 997 TT / F430. You will figure that all above magazines have been pretty coherent. If you still believe that SportAuto cis on Porsche´s payroll, read their complaints about the first 997 TT. Smiley

a good approximation to the "correct" numbers you get by taking the (weighted) average of the non sportauto lap times for the cars in question. gt2/scuderia: excluding wet lap times and sportauto lap times we have: 5 comparable times- 3 of them go to the scuderia and two of them to gt2: the latter ones are of the italian auto magazine in balocco, which uses moccia (a porsche race driver) as pilot, tested the scuderia with >30 degrees air temperatures and auto magazine had to perform a several-cars makeup test few months after (in which the scuderia has been faster than carrera gt-the track record holder) to rectify.

the second track in which gt2 has been faster than scuderia is top gear's: the videos are on youtube and anybody interested is welcome to check stig's scuderia still start, time it and compare with any (e.g. auto motor und sport) scuderia's acceleration figures...

all in all, non sportauto lap times imply that scuderia is, on average, a bit quicker than gt2; certainly do not imply that gt2 is faster than scuderia.

sportauto nring times: gt2 8 seconds faster than scuderia,                                                sportauto hock times: gt2 0.6 sec faster.

even worse it gets with gt2 vs lp560: more or less on par in non sportauto lap times (12 of them!),

sportauto nring times: gt2 21 seconds faster than lp560,                                                     sportauto hock times: gt2 1.6 sec faster.

do these numbers suggest anything to anybody in this forum?

I agree that the relative performance of GT2 Mk1 and Scuderia depends on the track (for example Scuderia is faster on Porsche's Leipzig track, GT2 is faster on HHR and NBR etc,). However, you make a serious mistake in implying that Sportauto is biased or something. These are two different things: which car is faster on which track - is Sportauto biased Smiley