MKSGR:
zaf52:

You forget an important point: many here own/drive/know from intense personal experience many high-performance sports car brands. Many pepole here know exactly what the pros and cons of various high-performance cars are. These people (most of them) also believe that the Supertest is the best magazine benchmark available in the world Smiley

maybe because "most of them" are... germans? Smiley    Smiley

That is BS per se: there are many more German sports cars other than Porsche: Lamborghini, for example, Audi R8/R10, Bugatti, AMG SLS, etc. etc. Smiley Seems your argument is a bit weak Smiley 

Second point: we have no statistics about the members posting here. I guess you did one properly - because I very much doubt that the German sports car owners represent a majority here. Please post your calculations/statistics to validate your claim Smiley

claiming Lamborghini is german is a bit optimistic, i would say. claiming Bugatti owners are of any statistical significance among those writing in this forum AND claiming that sportauto is the benchmark of the magazines is.... even more optimistic, to say the least   Smiley.

second point: it was you who considered those writing in this forum a statistically relevant pool to establish whether sportauto is considered a benchmark or not. this of course, in particular, implies that fellows here represent a randomized enough sample of countries in the world. please post your figures  supporting this claim Smiley.

Strictly speaking, i am not debating whether sportauto is widely considered as a reliable magazine or not. it might very well be, indeed. this would only show how ignorant most of car enthusiats are, since this question is just marginally sujective....