As I did quite some extensive driving in a Boxster S PDK I thought I might summarize my impressions as these could not have been better Smiley

Given the price of this car (fully equipped approx. Euro 75.000) I have to restate that no other OEM knows how to develop sporty cars as Porsche does. The car has an amazing level of refinement and is really fun to drive:

- The steering is close to perfection. Just compare it with the steering of an M3 (even if the M3 is on Cup tires) and you know what an excellent job the Porsche guys did: no synthetic feeling at all, heavy enough, very precise - just great.

- Very neutral and agile suspension setup (the test car didn't even have PASM). That's how a car should handle and feel. I have to say, however, that my GT2 seems to be have a slightly more comfortable ride (no kidding).

- The engine is absolutely lovely: sufficient mid-rev torque, great sound at higher revs (I love the sound on the Autobahn), suffcient power, very smoothly reving - just perfect! Driven quickly over several 100km of Autobahn fuel consumption was around 12l/100km. This is a very low figure.

- PDK is very well programmed. Much better than BMW's PDK. Very fast reactions to throttle input, very smooth and quick shifts, no strange behaviour at lower speeds. This gear box is just perfect (even without PASM/SportChrono!).

- Steel brakes are very good. The suspension could be tad firmer on heavy braking, though - this might be one reason to go for PASM (as I assume that PASM will firm up the suspension when the brakes are applied heavily).

All in all: I cannot believe what a marvellous car Porsche offers for that kind of price tag. The difference to BMW/Mercedes etc. could not be larger. The Boxster S boasts with refinement SmileySmileySmiley