derder:

since all the audiophiles are coming out....
me also a Wilson user, tho only Sophia II.    am looking to upgrade tho.

shortlist are:
Marten Coltrane Soprano
Magico V3
Rockport Mira Grand
Kharma Exquisite Mini

Ah yes the crazy audiophiles :-) are coming out of the woodwork. I've listened to the Magico V3, with Tim de Paravicini EAR tube components. It has exquisite craftsmanship, stunning design, stunning sound. The highlight is the treble: smooth as silk, delicate, grain free. Soundstage is spacious, imaging top notch. Something about the speaker makes me want to touch and caress it. Smiley

Re. opinions on component matching: Do you have tube or solid state pre-amp in your system? The Wilson speakers tend to have hot treble and therefore IMHO a tube preamp does wonders. One of my favorite audio "moments" is Dave Wilson himself as a DJ, demoing his Watt/Puppy using all tube Jadis components. ( My brother has Watt/Puppy and uses tube pre and power amp from Conrad Johnson, long a TAS's and HP's favorite.)

If you've never had a tube preamp, see if you could borrow one from the dealer and listen to it at home (vastly better than showroom demo). It might just be a revelation and you might just never "come back." Smiley

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )