I just picked it up this morning. IT’S AMAZING!

I LOVE the red decals, red mirrors etc.  The black grey was a little lighter than I thought it would be. But I love it – it is so RS.

I’ve driven 200km in it today, used ½ tank of gas, and loved every minute of it. Here’s my blurb:

It’s noisy especially when it’s idling, but such a lovely noise, and there’s the wonderful clutch rattle when it’s idle sitting in neutral. I played with the sport button a little, it makes a large difference to sound when the engine was first warming up but on a noisy road (stone-chip sealed road) around 3,000rpm it didn’t sound significantly different.  Over 4,000rpm even without the sport button activated it starts to roar, and move – I wont take it into the higher rpm range for a while. I do think the button might possibly have a more noticeable effect from outside the cabin (but I was in it all day behind the wheel except when my dad drove). The front nose lifter is a must – even with it, the small plastic parts and the rear of the front wheel arches are going to be sacrificed (probably intended that way). When accelerating (just after clutch is fully out and from low rpm (2,000) something makes a rattle sound – although it sounds strangely ‘normal’.  The shorter gear ratios are noticeable and fun to work with both in town and on the country roads too. On a smooth highway you could be in a Panamera. The wider front track is another thing that really is a massive stand-out difference from the 997.2 GT3 – the RS just wants to eat corners with so much gusto it’s like the car is insane. For Day 1 I pushed it around the (country-road) corners in a fairly aggressive fashion and the TC/SC light didn’t even blink in the slightest (I didn’t / won’t play with TC/SC buttons for a very long while). If a road engineer was to buy one of these cars they would never ever design any straight piece of road again. The massive rear wing does block your vision especially when checking for vehicles carrying blue and red coloured lights on their roofs, but the huge upside is that it also blocks annoying headlights (no mirror dimming possible).  I miss my parking sensors, find the metal on metal rattle of the key ring is annoying over rough roads, but those minor gripes are forgotten about when the right foot is used on the right pedal.

I’ll write more soon and add some pics – I just wanted to share my impression of Day 1. It’s something so amazing.

--