Leblanc:

I dont believe we will see a GT2 RS it will use RS technology (we can spot it in the pics) yes but it will not be badge RS.

Fascinating developments Smiley

They have been talking about the GT2RS for so long and I believe even had final spec with Mezger engine and NO PDK...... Following istructions from importer my dealer was asking for deposits, there was talk of 5 cars for the UK....

Maybe they didn't get the deposits and worldwide demand was not high enough so they have shelved the RS ?

I also heard that Porsche engineers were working on developing the Dfi engine for the GT2 at 550PS level and having problems - could be they solved the problems and got reliability to the level they are happy with ?

The lack of "RS" style rear wing on these spy pics does indicate that this may not be an RS version and as has been pointed out above wider track and GT3RS wheels would be a logical upgrade for the 997GT2.2 Dfi.......

I'm still struggling with a GT model getting this new engine, it sort of goes against the consumer orientation of this engine - tie will tell Smiley

--

2009 997 GT2 659PS/827NM DIN