Dries:

No, it's pronounced with a "d" sound.  It is about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a lot of horse farms.

In the U.S. children 5 and over can use a booster seat to make them big enough so the seatbelt goes across there shoulder and chest not there neck.  Under 5 we use the 5 pt harness and full seat I believe you are referring to though.

Funny, my next door neighbor's moved here from Berlin 3 years ago.  He ran Merck's research department until about 2 months ago.

take care.

You could try googling Britax Booster Seat to see what it throws up in the USA. 

Britax is one of the biggest manufacturers of children's car seats here in Europe, and contrary to what I thought when I first read your post, the use of boosters for kids of certain weights is now a legal requirement here in Europe. 

The Gwynedd I referred to is in fact in the UK, not Germany. Since you mentioned Lower Gwynedd is in Pennsylvania it helps explain the name, because a lot immigrants from that part of the UK ended up as miners in Pennsylvania. 

Your new German neighbor should tell the people responsible for the township's web site that the local company they have listed as Rohm & Hass should in fact be called Rohm & Haas.
Whereas Haas might be derived from the German for "hare" and is quite harmless, Hass is German for "hate".   Smiley

PS: I overlooked something:  Welcome to Rennteam. Smiley

--

fritz