Additional photos from the initial 'ring test of the 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS with Chris Harris, Roland Asch and HvS, ahead of their race with Walter Röhrl at the Nürburgring 24-hour...

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_01.jpg

"Fairly daunting first few hours at the circuit. I’ve been here enough times to understand all the procedures, and know enough people for it to always be a sociable experience, but the sheer size and professionalism of the Porsche presence was a little disconcerting for a hick like me used to running with his mates in, er, more modest surroundings. There were four Porsche Motorsport trucks." -- Chris Harris

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_02.jpg

"Typically, the track was a war-zone, wet everywhere with oil in at least five places, so the times didn’t mean anything. But the car gives you immense confidence in those conditions, and that bodes very well for it as a 24hr competitor." -- Chris Harris

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_03.jpg

"Met Roland Asch first, ex-DTM legend and Dirk Schoysman’s teammate for several years in the Falken Skyline. His English is even worse than my German, which means we’ll be communicating through semaphore and air-steering-wheel." -- Chris Harris

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_04.jpg

"I ran five wet laps and thought it was pretty remarkable. What it loses to the hordes of GT3 Cup racers from 40-120km/h (they have much shorter gearing and flat up-shifts) it seems to claw back above that speed." -- Chris Harris

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_05.jpg

"The car shares a box with the 911 GT3 R Hybrid, a Manthey Cup car and the No.1 Manthey GT3 R" -- Chris Harris

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_06.jpg

"The car runs a completely standard engine, but the spring rates have been slightly changed to run with a slick tyre –again compulsory for the race- but the PASM dampers remain unchanged." -- Chris Harris

Porsche-911-GT3-RS_Nurburgring-VLN-Test_Chris-Harris_07.jpg

"First race is next weekend. Will keep you posted." -- Chris Harris

Smiley SmileySmiley