This is a general problem in Germany, not only with Porsche cars.

German society has changed a lot since the unification and I can't say it changed to something better. Social envy has increased a lot and since the financial crisis started, people are mad at almost everybody who earns a decent amount of money. 

It is sometimes surprising that wealthy people over here don't seem (or don't want) to realize the social "impact" they cause and at the same time there are lots of less fortunate people who apparently think that everybody who is wealthy is a criminal and/or a tax evader.

I don't like this social atmosphere in Germany at all, I always have to find "excuses" why I drive a nice car, why I have a nice house and so on.

Just imagine you work with a customer and the customer suddenly asks you how much your car costs or what kind of income you have because you can afford such a car. They even look at my watch, my phone and what handbag my wife is carrying, this is insane.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW