am now at 600 km and started to drive a bit more spirited. no kickdown and no rvs past 5500 rpm yet.

when mdm active and lever in s position, the exhaust actually does make some nice sounds.

burbling and gargling when lifting off the gas and rather trumpety when stepping on it.....

not bad at all i find. a million times better than the 997 turbo for example.

what surprises me is that there is very little to be heard from the engine.

in the 50i the engine sounded really nice. good 8 cylinder growl to be heard from the front.

in the M it really does sound like a 4-cylinder. i find that the very strange as i believe it's exactly the same engine setup with higher boost ?

all in all i am happy with the exhaust sound.

as for acceleration, even without kickdown or revving above 5.5k the car is a rocket.

huge power between 1000 and 4500 rpm.

furthermore the car has by far the best auto transmission i have ever felt of any car. incredible shifting. somehow always in the 'right gear'. shifts down 2 gears in a row when slowing down. amazing.

upshifts are absilutely seamless in comfort mode.

2 cars in 1 really. 

the only major gripe I have so far is wínd noise. above 140 km/h you have to turn up the setereo not to be annoyed.....

EDC works great. the car hardly leans in fast bends and traction is great.

mdm also allows for wheel slip....and that's with not exceeding 4,500 rpm.

great car ! much more involving than the cayenne, where you could step on the pedal and go for coffee until something would happen.

--
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.