ALDO:

Downsizing to size of a BMW 330d? No the size if not a problem, nealry as a BMW 5, smaller then Audi A6, Audi A8, BMW 7, MB S-class, Mas QP, Bentley ....

In case  of switching to a different plattform, you will have in the books the development cost without usage, in the year of switch you will produce an extra loss of around 1,5 billions of euro. You have to fix your books. No one would do this.

Sorry, maybe I expressed myself in a wrong way. I meant a visual downsizing, not a real one. I haven't seen the new A8 in person either, so it remains to be seen how big this little baby is going to look.

As to the switching to a different platform: the current platform is also used for the upcoming Panamera Coupe or CS or whatever the name will be. VW wants to use ONE platform for a bunch of models throughout the brands range. I don't have a clue WHEN the new platform will be used for the Panamera but I wouldn't hold my breath that the current platform will survive the next generation change. I highly doubt it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW