I have been driving my 997.2 S for 10,000kms, and I have never found any delay in sports mode.  In fact I'm totally thrilled by the way it upshifts in Sports / Sports+ modes - a nice immediate response and a nice thump and sound just like a racing sequential manual (I can dream, can't I?!!)

First I thought it may be the new paddles as tested in the new Turbos delaying matters, but I use both buttons and the gearstick depending on how I'm driving (buttons for when I need to corner more), and using either interface, it shifts just the same.

The only issue I have with the 'box is in Sports mode, auto gearchange, down from 2nd to 1st - there is an uncomfortable jerk.  This is well-documented, and different people have had differing levels of success in getting rid of this.  I for 1 have learnt to modulate the throttle when I feel it's going to downshift.  the wierd thing is that when I'm in manual, there is no such jerk when it downshifts on it's own (I never downshift into 1st in manual mode).

@cannga - I have NEVER found the delay as much as the poster in 6Speed, even in normal mode, when I shifts just like any other auto 'box.

--