janus:

Wow RC that's a really &%$@  story... makes me love EU so much, thanks for that I know how I'll vote. Hope you sent them off with a nice: go and solve some real crimes! -goodbye

Well, I was very surprised too because this is no gun or whatever but apparently they do routine controls on stuff which isn't legal to use but legal to posses. Smiley

What the heck would I make with a blue LED police light in Germany, I'm not dumb to use such a thing over here. Why not ? Well: my wife worked for a couple of weeks on an emergency doctor ambulance (btw: a VW Touareg). From time to time, when her driver tried to pass through traffic with the blue lights and sirene turned on, some cars wouldn't move a bit. Two times during these couple of weeks, the hospital received traffic complaints of drivers because they reported that the driver of the emergency ambulance Touareg has driven too aggressive. Can you believe it ? Now just imagine what would happen if an ordinary person would use this blue LED light in traffic just for fun. It wouldn't take long before the police visits you at home, even if they don't catch you at the spot because other drivers would complaint.

I saw a similar "chaos" with a politician or special police (it was night, couldn't see through the windows) convoy once. Three or four BMW limousines with blue lights on the roof and sirene tried to get through traffic and nobody actually eliberated the street, people were still standing still at the red stop light. Smiley The driver of the first limousine opened a windows and waived a "Stop. Police" stick but it didn't help at all. Weird situation.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW