Mike, sorry to hear that it isn't much differen in SA too.

My business started to improve again this year, I fired a very unpopular employee and started to be much more around than before. I see my kids only in the evening, which is kind of sad for me but the business is getting better and this is good news. Unfortunately I have my business in a very "sensitive" neighborhood, my customers are also not very rich or wealthy, most of them are living from social support. If they would have seen a Panamera Turbo in front of my business (no other parking possibility), I would have lost a substantial amount of customers, I'm pretty sure about it. Today I visited my local Porsche dealer and there was a Panamera Turbo inside the showroom and a Panamera S outside the showroom. Oh my god...these cars are HUGE...I mean H.U.G.E.. My dealer has problems to move them, simply because everybody over here says the same I'm saying: We love Porsche, we love the Panamera, it is a great product...but not for Germany, sorry.

Yes, I live only once but I also have two kids and responsibilities. Kids suffer much more from "social mobbing", as I call it, than adults.

I'm still playing the lottery: if I win lets say 10 Mio or so, I move to Florida, send my kids to a private school and enjoy life. Til then, I'm afraid, I need to work hard and take care of my family, even if this means that I can't buy fancy cars anymore. Thats life I guess but I really shouldn't complaint, really not.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW