I went for a test drive with the 997.2 GT3 and 997.2 Turbo PDK today. Both amazing cars and it is surprising how two different types of the same car model can feel so different.

The GT3 had Club Sport package, PCM navigation and 12k km on the clock. The first thing that struck me was the hard clutch. No servo there Smiley The gear shifting was very precise and the engine simply fantastic. Very smooth and civilized, it pulled nicely from low RPM and then... opened up and was on fire over 5000 RPM. What a sound! Addictive Smiley It was only 10C outside, damp and the car had Cup tires so I did not drive it that hard, but enough to fall in love.

Then I changed to the Turbo with PDK, Paddles, Sport Plus, etc. The car had just been delivered a few days earlier and had only 100 km on the clock. Compared to the GT3 it it felt like stepping in to a comfortable limousine. Off we went and it immediately struck me how easy it was drive, especially in combination with the PDK. No effort compared to the GT3. I went out on the highway and did a few acceleration tests and played with the paddles forth and back. Very quick shifting and... the power and acceleration of that car is just mental! Smiley Seems like the perfect marriage, a turbo engine and the PDK gearbox.

After returning the cars I came to the conclusion that there is no way to choose which one to get. They are both excellent cars, but one cannot compare them with each other. I guess there is only one solution... get both Smiley

rennteam.jpg

rennteam3.jpg

--

987 Boxster S, Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' Livery, H&R Monotube Coil-Overs, H&R Anti Roll Bars, Strut Brace, FVD ECU, BMC Air Filter, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Racing Shells, PSE.

997 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, Bilstein PSS10 Damptronic, H&R Anti Roll Bars, IPD Plenum, Dension Gateway 500, PSE.