reginos:
nberry:

Well, they finalize the integration and Porsche will be the 10th brand of VW. In the future it will be Porsche, a division of VW, like Chevy was a division of GM. The brand will share parts and other cues including I suspect styling.

Sure, like Lamborghini and Bentley share styling cues with SEAT and Skoda Smiley

In fact, Donckerwolke, formerly Lamborghini´s head of design, is now in charge for Seat. Van Braeckel, formerly working for Skoda, is now head of design at Bentley. So there is some truth in your comment. Smiley

However, I do not expect Volkswagen to make the same strategic mistakes that GM did with their brands. I´d say the amount of shared technology and components within Volkswagen´s brands is as high as it should get.

For years, people complained about Wiedeking´s money-driven decisions, now Volkswagen provides with management and technology that Porsche can only benefit from. Consider the progress at Bentley or Lamborghini since taken over by VW, imagine what can be done at a company that is well-founded right from the beginning.

intouch1:

i too think that piech will drive porsche in the right direction. he is an engineering nut and only the best will do for him.

I agree, Winterkorn and Piech are smart enough to preserve Porsche´s status as a brand.