I have 2 points here,

1) that 20 years ago it was indisputable that Porsche had the best engineering. That has changed, these other companies have caught and in many respects passed Porsche and now Porsche can be best described as competitive.

2) That all these other companies make better looking and sounding (i.e. passionate, exotic, sensational) cars than anything for sale in a Porsche dealership today. That has all happened by choice, the choice of a now FIRED executive who lost Porsche independence. 

I have personally driven as hard as you can a 997 C2S and a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale.

I have also been on dozens of rides with all the top exotics, in the real world not youtube.

Now anecdotal evidence (from Porschelover1 above ^^) is nice but I can point to all kinds of people who will say the opposite. And as far as quality everyone can bring up sore points like RMS.

If you say you would rather own and drive a 911 over an Aston V12 Vantage or DBS or One-77 or Lambo LP670 or Ferrari 458 or Ferrari 599, then fine, that's ok. But to my ears and eyes those and many others look and sound better.

This is the European FIA GT3 championship and that is where the real engineering is displayed - AM I READING THIS WRONG OR IS THE PORSCHE GETTING BEAT BY MANY OTHER BRANDS?    http://www.fiagt3.com/points.php?season=2009&class=GT3&type=team&event=1

I am not an internet keyboard bench racer, I own a fast car that I have driven a lot in the company of other real cars, magazine lap times don't matter, looks, comfort, and handling do. 

IMO nobody does it better today than Aston Martin.