RC: Which brings me to my point: spotting. If you drive with lots of caution and awareness, you can actually avoid speed traps. This also means that you can avoid other "dangerous" situations. Head-less speeding is not only lame, it is dangerous and stupid.

Agreed. Smiley Situational awareness is key. I don't want to say I'm nervous but I'm constantly looking for things to go wrong when the speed goes up. Constantly aware of what other cars are  coming into my "situation." Always wary of what's around the curve so I brake to anticipate. No coffee, no radio, both hands on wheel, no "relaxed" (i.e. excessively reclined) seating.

Thanks for the speed detection briefing. Sounds awful. Smiley All we have around here is occasional laser but mostly instant on ambush from regular cop car mounted microwave radar. Easy to avoid: just slow down when you see another car enter your "theater" until it can be identified.

The whole speeding thing is "stupid," when you think of it. I'm not "speeding" I'm just getting somewhere and enjoying it with the proper P-car equipment. I can't help it if the state imposes a ridiculously low speed limit for my equipment, my quality of attention to my driving, my extreme courtesy to other drivers and my constant and frequent re-evaluation of the terrain and conditions.Smiley   

--
2007 997 Turbo