KresoF1:
reginos:

Lots of tech but the design is not successful. It has neither grace nor dynamism. It is a mish-mash of already seen and saturated mid-engined design elements. Moreover, it doesn't look good from any angle. Great pity after investing into so much technology.

Perhaps, the Mclaren designers never had a clue of how the 458 Italia would develop into its striking shape.

I totally disagree with you regarding MP4-12C design. That's life I guess... IMHO MP4 looks totally awsome and will become a true icon in coming years. This is the car that will look good in any color. Technically, it is a class above 458 Italia IMHO.

The technology looks good on the specs and most probably it will be good, although the engine is an unknown yet.

My point is they should have come up with a more memorable design with more character. This one looks like it could be any mid-engined car from any small manufacturer like Lotus and Noble or even an attempt to resurrect  MG.  Look at the pictures and don't tell me that the 458 Italia doesn't have more personality and is not more pleasing to the eye?

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts