STRADALE:
  Plus no rusty, crud soup dumped into the wheels after washing & cruddy looking calipers/ rusty rotors the rest of the time. That stuff (the dirt soup) is secondary to what you mentioned but is bad enough that there's no way on earth I'll go that route again w/ a Porsche mainly because I do all my own washing/detailing & it's more dirty work than cleaning the whole rest of the car. 

HAHAHAHA!  Too bad I'm on his fussy ignore list. Otherwise he'd know my perfect rotor/wheel maintenance procedure.

Use compressed air and a wand-type nozzle to accurately blow out brake dust from the ventilation channels and perforations in the rotors BEFORE using the garden hose.

It's soooo obvious: water turns dust into that sticky hard-to-eliminate "mud." No dust means no mud when water is used on the intricacies of rotors.

Of course you'd want to wear a mask and wash the car afterward because brake dust has no known health benefits for paint nor lungs.

Hummm..., come to think of it  extremely clean interiors of rotors will maximize even cooling. How many guys have caked on deposits of dried "mud" which result in uneven cooling and premature rotor damage?

Silvent Model 007.jpg

--
2007 997 Turbo