reginos:

But it's more special than the Cayenne, isn't it? The Cayenne for some people is a re-bodied Touareg, so they wouldn't pay a lot more than the VW.

Also with the Panamera buyers should avoid the many silly optional extras.

1. Porsche developped the Touareg for VW, many people seem to forget that

2. in MY surrounding, most people not having a clue about the Touareg/Cayenne brotherhood, the Cayenne is considered to be a VERY special car, a car for rich people who can afford high fuel prices and who don't care about the environment. At least these are the feelings and opinions expressed by many people, none of them ever mentioned VW or the Touareg.

3. the Panamera has many silly options? Well, let me see:

a. Burmester sound system? Definetely a must, it sounds great.

b. PDCC? Definetely a must if you want to have at least an inch of sportscar feel in the Panamera.

c. Sport exhaust? Definetely again a must, the Panamera sounds boring, our Mini Cooper S sounds much better.

d. PCCB? Well, maybe not a must since the standard Turbo brake seems good but if I take in consideration my experience with PCCB on my 997 Turbo, then YES, PCCB is a must too.

Now let me see: I have already options for more than 20000 EUR and I haven't started yet with other stuff like Rear Entertainment System (kids) or the sport seats.

Sorry but I can get a fully equipped Cayenne Turbo S for almost 25000 EUR less, so my choice would be without a doubt the Cayenne.

The Panamera is no toy for me, like for example a 997 Turbo, a 997 GT3/GT2 or even the Carrera GT. The Panamera is a car for people who NEED such a car, so I wouldn't want to pay any price for it, the better alternative as a family car is still the Cayenne. It may be different though if Panamera prices drop after a year or two, nowadays I can get an almost brandnew Cayenne Turbo for 35000-40000 EUR below the new car price. If the same happens with the Panamera, I may re-consider. I still don't like the rear though and I bet that latest with the next generation Panamera, it has gone. Even the facelift will introduce some sort of optical illusion to cover the hunchback, I'm pretty sure about it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW