ADias:

I drove the Panamera in the event Porsche set up this week at the Quail Lodge in Carmel, CA. I was initially critical of the car but over time its design grew on me. After this test drive I consider it the most important sports sedan ever designed. It's far superior to any Audi, S-class or 7-series out there. It is definetely a driver's car.

Note to RC: yesterday in Laguna Seca I spoke with Porsche people re the Panamera and in particular the dash/windshield refelections of the burmester speakers' trim. They are aware that the aluminum tgrim does cause that issue, but he pointed out that other non-reflective trims are available. 

I wouldn't call the Panamera "far superior" to the current BMW 7 series but it is an interesting product in this segment.

Regarding the non-reflective trims: the trim alone doesn't seem to be the real problem, apparently the angle of the windshield curbation is. The dash reflection is very obvious and I don't like it, Porsche definetely has to do something about it.

Another annoying thing I forgot to mention: when the engine is running and you're buckled up and you unbuckle the seatbelt, the engine stops ! I really hate this feature.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW