Update:

The engine has been on the engine dyno.

The power with the tuning box measured 607PS but as mentioned above it is working the VTGs too hard and with sustained use the ECU will turn the wick down (I aim to find out further about this since this seems a key point in how other "tuners" are getting their performance with limited mods and how most customers are simply not using the cars hard enough for the ECU to intervene - an interesting topic)

They tested the engine stock ECU with CG headers and 200 cell cats - 550PS

They then plugged in their 635PS ECU (developed to run with air pipes, 100 cell cats, bigger VTGs) and it gave 617PS running just my 200 cell units and headers !!

This seemed very tempting until I was told that when they installed said 100 cell cats, carbon air pipes and bigger VTGs and ran it with the 635PS program it gave 650PS !!!!

So of course I am back tracking on staying with the standard turbos   and going with this set up. The engine stays on the dyno for another full day for the fine tuning to take place, this is what the money is for, a bespoke program to fully optimise the componentry for my engine, something which can only be done at this level on a proper factory standard engine dyno.....

Pick up next week, all will be revealed including acceleration numbers and of course the role of the intercoolers in the package

--

2009 997 GT2 612PS