That's interesting  I see the S class/A8/Lexus/XJ as cars for a company director (or an equivalent kind of job profile) who may have a family and who seeks luxury, quality and prestige. I see the BMW as a slightly more sporty alternative.

I see the Panamera as having a much more sporty driving experience than those luxury limos.

It's particularly interesting that you say PAG is targeting people who already have a S class. One reason is that those people may have been looking for a sportier 4 seater but they 'settled' for a more conservative limo instead because they couldn't find what they were looking for. Now that this niche market is being populated with more models (e.g. Panamera, Rapide etc), these people (who would have bought a Rapide, Panamera etc if it had been available) are now able to move away from the S class and buy the kind of car they really wanted all along.

That's just my hypothesis - I could be wildly mistaken of course - but we'll see what happens as more people buy it...

There is potentially a different thought process between existing owners of a luxury limo who gravitate away from that category towards a Panamera and another type of buyer who starts with a clean sheet i.e. not owning a car in either category. The buying thought process could be quite different since different emphasis may be placed on different factors...

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection