racer:

It's not fair But it is accurate.

Price really doesn't belong in any of these discussions unless it's a thread about someone actually speccing out their own car. This is about automotive achievement and car fantasy.

Because for value, a new Camaro SS beats all of these in bang for buck and that is beaten by an owner customized 928.

But I like what Zonda has done and I like the new 458. That being said the one-77 sits at the top of the heap for material, design, sound, beauty, and desirabliity. 

So I would guess that if 100 of us were taken to a nice area, say napa valley and shown 5 cars; a ONE-77, a 458, a zonda, a lambo, and a gt3. And you drive them for a couple hours. And then told you could keep 1 car for everyday use and only 1 and had to live with that 1 car with all expenses paid.

My guess is that the one-77 would win a strong majority as it excels in all categorys and is an all-rounder. The 458 would come in a distant 2nd. The GT3 would be last.

Ah c'mon racerx, don't be that naive. Of course price matters.

A car that costs seventimes as much will cost considerably more to be produced, which will result automatically in a much more advanced automotive achievement. More expensive materials, more expensive techniques will get you a more precious product.

It's not all about power or "bang for buck" as you said. Smiley

And it's only logical if you compare a One-77 to a 458, a Zonda, a Lamborhini (which BTW?) and a GT3 that the majority will choose the One-77 (most expensive and therefore most valuable) and that the GT3 comes in last (cheapest and most "normal" car) . Although I would expect the Zonda to come in second.

If you want to compare the One-77 at all and there are not many competitors out there, you should choose a Veyron, maybe a FXX (though not really comparable to the aforementioned cars) and perhaps a Reventón. Porsche has nothing that would bear such a comparison and nor have most of the other car makers out there. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.